Nominating committee members must be a member of the local PTA preceding their election, and should possess the following characteristics (not in order of importance):
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the goals, mission, and vision of the local PTA or council.
- Willingness to work and devote considerable time to furthering the purposes and programs of the local PTA or council.
- Tact, integrity and discretion, and the ability to hold one’s own counsel.
- Courage to express ideas and defend one’s convictions.
- Sound judgment and skill in evaluating possible nominees.
- Knowledge of the local PTA’s or council’s goals.
- General knowledge of potential candidates’ qualifications and abilities.