It is important that the nominating committee carefully consider each potential nominee. The well-being of the local PTA or council must be the top priority. The following criteria should be considered and evaluated.
The potential nominee:
- Must be a PTA member of that Local PTA, it is very important that this is confirmed.
- Must be willing to receive and attend required PTA training for the position to which he or she will be elected.
- Must be enthusiastic and supportive of the local PTA or council.
- Must believe in the purposes of PTA and believe that PTA is the best association for working for children and youth.
- Should have previous experience in PTA, though other association work may also be considered.
- Should have knowledge of the PTA association and its role in the school and community.
- Should be relied upon to give PTA a satisfactory level of priority and commitment.
- Should have good relationships with people.
- Must be fair and objective and able to subordinate personal interests to the interests and well-being of the local PTA.
- Should have vision and be innovative.
- Must be at least 18 years old to be elected as a PTA officer.